It's that time of year again, a day in which we GIS "People" get to celebrate our profession. How cool is that! Not many professions have a day all to themselves and while this is predominantly an ESRI thing, I still think it is cool. Several events have already been registered at http://www.gisday.com/, but I have heard of a few others that are taking place, and I want to encourage everyone that is hosting an event to either register at the website and/or let me know so that I can post the details here to our Blog. Us local Asheville GIS folks are combining to host an event at ABTech (more about the below) and are hoping to generate a little press coverage through the Citizen-Times. In doing so, we would like to mention all WNC events, including events at UNC-Asheville/NEMAC, Western Carolina University, Warren Wilson College, and the Madison 4-H Club. These are the only events that I know about, so again if there are others, please let me know.
I would like to extend an invitation to everyone to join us at ABTech on Friday, Nov.9th for an early GIS Day event, please click here for a link to a flyer with more details:
http://groups.google.com/group/mrgac/web/event-documents
Western Carolina University's event has been registered at gisday.com:
http://gis.esri.com/gisday/detail.cfm?id=8932
UNC-Asheville/NEMAC's events has also been registered:
http://gis.esri.com/gisday/detail.cfm?id=8937
Check back soon for more details and directions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment